Tipperary Co-op has successfully established a balanced market spread.
Tipperary’s milk intake is approximately 200 million litres, with a processing capacity in excess of one million litres of milk per day. After that, The milk is processed into: cheese, butter, milk powders and other dairy products for export and home markets in its modern manufacturing plant in Tipperary Town. The Co-op manufactures 60,000 tonnes of product annually.
Tipperary Co-op has successfully established a balanced market spread. Its dairy product range is extensively marketed in Europe, the U.S.A and recently the Asian market. In addition, Tipperary Co-op is a major supplier of Emmental cheese to the French market; this market is sustained and augmented by the company’s subsidiary Tippagral S.A. (France).
Tipperary continues to develop by the following:
- Significant Investment Across Site
- New Drying & Evaporation Plant – Commissioned & Producing to IF Grade
- Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgraded
- Dryer 1 Facility Upgraded
- New Zoning Implemented Site Wide
- Hygiene Lobbies Upgraded Site Wide
- Pedestrian Routing and Walkways Developed
- Significant Investment People & Culture – New Management Structure, Sedex 2019, Job Creation 40 Plus Full Time
- Carbon & Sustainability – SEAI Energy Award 2019, ISO 50001 2019, Condensate Recovery Projects
In Addition, Tipperary Co-op provides a comprehensive Agri-Trading and Hardware operation to deliver service and retail value for a variety of local urban and rural needs through our trading division consisting of three outlets, Tipperary Town, Borrisoleigh, Gooldscross Cashel.